Monday, August 6, 2012

Impromptu Pizza Burgers!

This was a spontaneous meal. I needed to find something to make and luckily had everything to try these pizza burgers. These sure aren't healthy, but the ingredients are cheap enough and that works for me.

Photobucket
Since I didn't plan ahead, I had to quickly thaw my hamburger, which I will share my top secret tip with you!
All I do is take a metal bowl (it would probably make with any type of bowl, but I somehow think metal keeps the heat longer. Science.) and put the hamburger in it and fill the bowl with water as hot as you can make it. Let it sit about 15 minutes and then pour the water out and fill it once more. Let it sit another 10-15 minutes and your hamburger will be 99% thawed. TADA! It's magic!
Disclaimer: I read somewhere that this is what causes bacteria or something, but I've been doing it for forever and have yet to croak. Plus I COOK my meat after this, so I wouldn't suggest eating a bowl of raw hamburger. Just sayin...

Photobucket
 Alright, here's a handful of the ingredients. I had a derp moment and didn't put them all in the picture but you can go to the link and see them for yourself. Cooking tunes tonight is Foster The People. Holla!


Photobucket
Ahh yes, oblig Bells picture. She loves helping me cook a.k.a. Rubbing on my legs and whining for treats.

The recipe called for chopped pepperoni. I'm a cook, but I don't really chop. I 'scissor'.
  Photobucket

This is the Italian Seasoning I used. I had a coupon. How do you pronounce it? 'Q-Pon'? Or 'Coo-pon'? If you said 'coo-pon', you're wrong.
Photobucket


Mmm salmonella.
Photobucket


Ahh yes, I have been craving squash so I decided to make them with my burgers tonight. NOM After I took this picture, I realized it could look dirty if you're juvenile like me. HEE HEE
I'm not explaining how I make it as I figure those who like it already probably know how, but ask if you want to know.
Photobucket

The recipe said to make three burgers. Umm, I think not. I don't want enormous burgers, plus this way I have more leftovers. Four it is. I'm a rebel.
Photobucket

Then I had a brilliant idea to spread some butter and sprinkle garlic salt on the buns and toast them!
Photobucket


After cooking, you can tell these are clearly not diet-friendly.
Clearly I don't give a crap.
Photobucket


Going with the super healthy grease piles is my healthily prepared squash. And what?
Photobucket


There you have it! I sprinkled the top with mozzarella cheese and a tiny bit of pizza sauce and devoured it. "Meat? GOOD"

Photobucket

NOM Rating 4 out of 5 noms. I loved the flavor. Even though I'm a 'fix it and leave it' cooking fan, these were still very easy. The only problem is eating them leftover for lunch, at work, won't be as good or easy. I'll definitely keep the recipe and make them again.

No comments:

Post a Comment