Thursday, August 16, 2012

Parmesan Crusted Chicken

Didn't plan ahead. Was hungry. Thought I'd try a new recipe. I bring you Parmesan Crusted Chicken The pin has a different recipe, I went by the official one in the link. Your call.

So keeping in mind that I didn't plan ahead, all I had was a bag of my most favorite frozen chicken breasts, I had to find a way to quickly thaw them. So I started googling quick/safe ways to thaw thicken. I finally decided on soaking in some cold water. I got impatient though after about 45 minutes and decided to just use them as they were.

Photobucket
So here's where I was next. Ingredients. Recipe and Tunes tonight were the new Taylor Swift (MY JAM! NOT ASHAMED! and this one by Cheryl Lloyd "Want U Back") Seriously ladies, if you want to nerd out and boogie in your kitchen, these are the songs. I realize that they contradict each other. "Want U Back" but "We are Never Ever Getting Back Together!" but that's not important right now.

Photobucket
Ahhh Mayonnaise. Recipe called for some bogus 'real mayo'. Whatever. I'm not a mayo connoisseur, this will do. Plus I was able to use up this container, which is always nice when it works out almost perfectly!

Photobucket
Also wanted to point out the recipe. Decorated by Miss Bella. She didn't love on me while cooking this, she watched me from afar.

Photobucket
1/4 (ish) cup of Parmesan.


Photobucket
Ahh Mayo and Cheese. What heart attacks dream of.


Photobucket
I realized my bread crumbs are nearly a year old. Do these really go bad? Living on the edge.

Photobucket
Oooh la la. Original recipe called for 4, but these are big and it's just me. I figured I'd make 3 and have leftovers.

 Photobucket
While the chicken cooks, I'll make peas! Yes it's the 'cook in the microwave' brand, but it's not like it's hard to make them in a pan. I don't understand it. 'WHAT?! I have to pour into a pan with water?! That is WAY too difficult. I need to just throw a bag into the microwave and hit a button!'

Photobucket
So here's after I took them out of the oven the first time, after 20 minutes. I figured they wouldn't be finished right away, and when I cut into them, a couple were still frozen in the middle...so back in they go. About 15 minutes later..

 Photobucket
A little more crunchy, but cooked this time. And for the record, I like slightly burning my food, I like that crunch. :)

Nom rating: 2.5 out of 5. Perhaps I could blame the chicken. Too fat and didn't thaw. But I wasn't that impressed. I don't think I'd make them again, but if I did, I'd make sure to use different chicken.
Peas Nom Rating: 6 out of 5! I CAN HAZ ALL THE PEAS!

6 comments:

  1. Maybe the fact that you didn't get any kitty loves during cooking was an omen? :-p

    By the way, you do know that most microwaves have a defrost setting, right? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, my microwave does too but I always have bad luck defrosting in a microwave as it always cooks it! haha And it freaks me out.

      Delete
  2. Fricken' pea love right up in this bitch, yeehaw!
    I'm always super impatient with thawing meat. Best bet is to throw stuff in the fridge before you go to work.. Give it that benefit of a few more hours to defrost? I guess you just gotta make it a habit..
    As for the year old breadcrubs, who gives a crap? I sure don't. I have probably even older granola that I am still working on. Gross, right? Wrong!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, and that's my problem with meat is sometimes I don't plan ahead and am wondering, CRAP, NOW what?! haha

      Yeah, I have a bag of granola in my drawer at work that's like over a year old...I haven't died yet! :)

      Delete
  3. Hi! I'm new to your blog, but I just saw this and I'm so sad you didn't love it!! It's one of my favorite dishes, and makes the chicken so moist.Here are some tips, and I hope you give it a try again!! Yes, you have to make sure the chicken is thawed! Then make sure to hammer it out with a meat mallet to make it thin so it cooks easier! I always use light, hellmans mayo. Stir in cheese, italian seasoning and spread it on THIN! It shouldn't be so thick, I imagine that might have been some of the issue! Just do a nice thin, even coating and bread crumb! Hope you have better luck if you try again! It's SO tasty!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't blogged here in a long time, but thanks for the tips!!! :)

      Delete