Friday, August 3, 2012

Happy DIY Friday! - Eye Makeup Remover!

Woot! Finally Friday! Time to party it up!
..and by party I mean order a pizza from Papa Johns (YES garlic butter dipping sauce. "Eat right. Stay fit. Die Anyway." is my motto!) and getting into my PJs early. YOLO. Isn't that what all the cool kids are saying?


Aaaanyway, I wanted to get in a DIY this week and although it's slightly cheating as I have made this a handful of times before, I'm going to make this popular eye makeup remover and document for you fine folks. It's extremely easy to make AND it's cheaper. I'm such a cheapskate that this pretty much made my life because store-bought eye makeup remover is a RIP OFF! 


Photobucket
Supplies?
-Baby supplies** that smell good, like babies. Which, I guess doesn't make sense as babies don't really smell good while they're covered in all their bodily functions they have no control over. Babies, blech.
-The tin man's hat
-Measuring stuff. The technical term.
-Re purposed jars. Yay Recycling! I have a jar that I make a batch in and store in my bathroom, then when my little plastic bottle needs a refill, I have some on hand.
-The recipe is so simple that I just hand write it. I'm smart. You can go to the link I posted above to see the recipe for yourself.

**Now, I guess the original blogger got a lot of criticism for using baby oil. Apparently it's bad for you, in some way, I'm too lazy and apathetic to google it. The first time I made it, I used baby oil and didn't die. Then I read her comments on it, so then used coconut oil, like other people suggested and still didn't die. However, I don't think it works as well using coconut oil, so I'm going back to baby oil. Living life on the edge.

So basically you measure out the stuff, and pour it in a container. Literally, that's it. I could end the blog here. But I won't.

 Photobucket
Here's how much of the baby oil you use. About the size of my man hand pinky nail. I really don't think I'm going to perish over this much baby oil. The choice is up to you. I cannot be held responsible for any blindness, deaths or missing eyelash hairs that occur when using this, let's make that clear. I consulted my lawyer. Bring it.

Photobucket
Now when everything is in your container, depending on the type of container you used, you will either have to stir or shake. I prefer to shake. shake. shake.

  Photobucket
shake shake shake. shake your booty.


  Photobucket
Then I refill my plastic bottle and, being the skilled professional I am, spill a good amount onto the counter. Nailed it.

Photobucket
A funnel is pretty much necessary, unless you have mad skillz.

08-03-2012007
Now for the test. I realized I probably needed to photograph my face in order to show that it works.
Oh, I reverted back to myspace and forgot you probably needed to see my eyes.

08-03-2012008
oh hai. Here is my eye. See? Makeup. Not much. I'm not big into wearing a lot of makeup.. I'm way too sexy naturally to cover this mug up!

So then a friend suggested over exaggerating my makeup. The funny thing is, this is normal everyday makeup for some people and I'm like, "ACK! TOO MUCH!"

08-03-2012009
Tada. I didn't spend a lot of time on it, makeup bores me.

 Photobucket
Here's after a few swipes. Eeesh, but this means it's a success! This is also from waterproof mascara, in case you were wondering. Waterproof but not babyproof!

08-03-2012013
See? Au naturel. 






So there you have it. My easy, economical eye makeup remover. The proof is in the puddin'.

Mmm..pudding.. I should make some..

1 comment: