Thursday, October 4, 2012

Lazy Spinster & Million Dollar Spaghetti


GREETINGS!
I know, it's been far too long. That last cold really threw my life out of whack and I've started a new job and now work later in the day, add in the fact that my new job is kind of out of the way so when I run errands after work, it takes a little longer. So after a list of excuses, I've been 'busy' and have made stuff, just wasn't that impressed that I felt I needed to share but I thought I'd share what I've been making..

So I had a recipe for a Parmesan Meatloaf that I gave a whirl. Here's a picture of it.

Photobucket
Yep, tasted about as appetizing as it looks. I had one piece and threw out the rest. I won't even share the recipe. (Truthfully, I can't find it on my pinterest and don't care to look anymore. What is up with them not letting you search your OWN pins??!) Just take my word for it, not worth your time.



Next I tried to replicate these Chicken Stuffing Sandwiches I had at a fundraising garage sale about a month ago! Since I'm combining this journal, I won't go into details. I just cooked some chicken breasts in my crockpot in the morning, they were finished and I shredded them up around noon and started the actual recipe and had them for supper! They were pretty good! Not as good as the one I purchased before, but they were comparable. I would rate them 3.5 out of 5 noms. The only reason it's so low is that a girl can get sick of them when it makes such a large amount. I had them for leftovers way too many times and  I was OVER IT. :) So probably best to make for a large group!

 Photobucket
Here they are after they had finished. It doesn't look that appetizing, but they were pretty good. :)


NOW! Onto the real point of this! Last night I attempted this new recipe I found for Million Dollar Spaghetti!



Photobucket
Bonus points for someone who can guess where I purchased my ingredients! :)
Tunes provided by Tristan Prettyman, whose new album is FAB and I highly recommend everyone to purchase it!



Photobucket
Water boiling, hamburger cooking. Blah.




Photobucket
In the meantime, you have to keep the cook entertained, so I whipped up all the delicious, cellulite-inducing cheeses.


Photobucket
  My only gripe with this recipe was the fact that it wasn't detailed. I like details! Don't say "a few slices of butter at bottom of pan." I don't know how many a few is. 2, 5, half a stick? WHAT ARE YOU SAYING?




Photobucket
 Now I had to boil the noodles. I read a trick once to break the noodles in half, makes it easier or something. It's science. Look it up.


 Photobucket
What science failed to mention is that it caused stray pieces of spaghetti to rain all over. ARGH

 Photobucket
Okay, noodles done, poured over butter. Fabulous.







Photobucket
Ahh yes, love break with Bells.


Photobucket
Back to work! Now pour on the artery-clogging cheesy goodness.

 Photobucket
Meat is finally done, pour on the spaghetti sauce!



Photobucket
Fricken look at that.






Photobucket
Oh wait, fricken look at THAT! I sprinkled some cheese over it for the last 15 minutes. NOM!



Photobucket
Okay, so I know it kind of looks like vomit but it tastes sooo much better. It was seriously really good. Even my mom ate some, and she NEVER eats my cooking. The real test is the leftover test, which I will update  but I'm sure it will be fab! 
So right now, nom rating is 4.5 out of 5. My only gripe is that I was under the impression it was easier to make than spaghetti. However, it used the same amount of pans (plus one more, the casserole dish). Then add in the fact that you had to already make everything and then bake for 45 minutes. So I started it at like 6 something and therefore, wasn't eating until closer to 8. But still, totally worth it!
I don't know why it's called Million Dollar Spaghetti. I was really hoping Ed McMahon would knock on my door in the middle of cooking this and say I was a millionaire, that didn't happen, but maybe he was just running late.

No comments:

Post a Comment